Paradigm Initiative (PIN) is a non-profit social enterprise that builds ICT-enabled support systems for young people, in order to improve their livelihoods. Two of PIN’s programs focus on digital inclusion while the third focuses on digital rights advocacy. Paradigm Initiative’s digital rights advocacy program is focused on the development of public policy for internet freedom in key regions of Africa. Our policy advocacy efforts include media campaigns, coalition building, capacity building, research and report-writing.
We are seeking a Graphics Designer to join our team. You will be designing a wide variety of things across digital and offline media.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan concepts by studying relevant information and materials
- Illustrate concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style
- Prepare finished art by operating necessary equipment and software
- Coordinate with outside agencies, art services, web designer, printers and colleagues, where necessary
- Communicate with internal customers about layout and design
- Create a wide range of graphics and layouts with software such as adobe photoshop and illustrator.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements where necessary
- Timely response to the communications needs of team members and providing timely updates regarding any ongoing project.
- Produce all email campaigns, solicit content from internal sources, and manage review, testing, and sending.
- Publish a variety of digital content with a focus on producing engaging web pages that are visually appealing and provide an overall rich experience for partners and visitors. Manage all postings to ensure content is on-brand and search- and social-optimized.
- Develop and execute social and print media campaigns for key days, themes, and priority upcoming content.
- Create content for social media accounts, post regularly on each account and ensure engagement with our various audiences.
- Manage social ad campaigns and other promotions; track and share results for continuous improvement to targeting and segments.
- Promote new content, key pages, and calls-to-action across channels. Position content to target different segments and to fit the format and publishing requirements of each platform
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed
- Other projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphics Design or any other related field
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience as a Graphics Designer
- Experience with computer-aided design
- Excellent IT skills especially with design and photo-editing software
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be an exceptionally creative and strategic thinker with good judgement and ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment
- Must be a good communicator; have excellent written, presentation and oral communications in English
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools including Photoshop, InDesign Quark and Illustrator
- Software skills desired – WordPress, SquareSpace, MailChimp (or similar email service provider), offline and cloud-based productivity tools
- A strong eye for visual composition
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of corporate identity, advertisements and multimedia design
- Attention to details and problem-solving skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively with others especially other team members
- Ability to understand, speak and write French will be an added advantage
To be successful in this position, you will be a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas and showing amazing attention to detail.
How to apply
Send a one-page statement of interest, copies of or links to your graphic design works and your recent CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application will be open until December 31, 2020, but it will be filled as soon as we find the right fit. If you think you are the right fit, do not delay in sending in your application.