We are looking for a brilliant individual to join our Human Resources team. The successful candidate will report to the Human Resource Manager and lend full support to Paradigm Initiative’s teams on tasks related to human resources which includes recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the recruitment system and tools for vacancy management, and the maintenance of standards, interview procedures, and protocols.
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
- Schedule and organize interviews
- Participate in applicant interviews
- Conduct reference checks on possible candidates
- Communicate back to unsuccessful applicants
- Staff development
- Identify training and development opportunities for staff
- Implement PIN’s Personal Development Plan and training schedule
- Process employee requests for outside training while complying with policies and procedures, and determining the relevance of training to organization goals
- Benefits and Entitlements
- Facilitate the provision of staff entitlements; Health Insurance, Loans
- Performance management
- Assist the Human Resource Manager in conducting performance appraisals
- Supervise the administration of services to staff, i.e. Complimentary cards, ID cards, etc.
- Preparation of administrative budget and monitor budgets ensuring no over-expenditures;
- Filing and maintaining employee records, maintaining & updating employee records in personnel files.
- Staff Attendance Activities
- Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel, and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services.
- Manage leave and sickness absence records
- Perform other relevant duties that may be assigned by the Human Resource Manager
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Personnel Management or related field required;
- Maximum of 2 years of general human resource management experience required,
- Must be a member of the CIPM or have other industry certifications like SHRM, HRCI
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Effective written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports and proposals
For the purpose of gender balance, a female candidate will be preferred. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Remuneration is between N1.8M and N2.2M comprising annual gross salary, reimbursements (housing, transportation, communication), amongst other benefits.
How to apply
Send a one-page statement of Interest, with your recent CV attached, to email@example.com.
The application closes on January 25, 2021, but the position will be filled as soon as we find the right fit. If you think you are the right fit, do not delay in sending in your application.