Paradigm Initiative (PIN) is a social enterprise that builds ICT-enabled support systems and advocates for digital rights in order to improve the livelihoods of under-served young Africans. PIN has developed Londa: A Report on the State of Digital Rights and Inclusion in Africa which presents the state of digital rights in 20 African countries and makes key recommendations for digital rights and inclusion protection. It captures among other things, the digital divide worsened by the COVID-19 pandemic. The report unearths infractions on different thematic areas such as privacy, access to information, and freedom of expression with the legislative and policy backdrop well enunciated.
Rationale and Scope
PIN seeks to produce a short film, of between 15 and 20 minutes, that tells the story of digital rights and inclusion in Africa. The film must bring out a major theme across the 20 countries reported in Londa. The purpose is to present a visual production that can be viewed and understood by diverse members of the African society. The language used must be simple, inclusive, and comprehensible to reach a wide audience in Africa. As such, the applicant must respond with an indication of a robust marketing strategy.
The production of the script is expected to take place in the last week of February with the actual production of the movie expected to commence on 1 March 2021. PIN expects a finalised film product by 20 April 2021
PIN is hiring a production company to do the following;
- Develop a script for the film from Londa
- Produce the film in English and French with Swahili subtitles.
- To ensure the distribution of the movie for Anglophone and Francophone audiences and stakeholders, Paradigm Initiative is looking for a movie production company to French dub the film in addition to the original English production.
- The movie production company should have modern production equipment and qualified personnel capable of scriptwriting, French translation, film production, and dubbing the movie with guidance from PIN’s internal communications team.
- The film production company must be open to meet with the PIN team regularly for any clarifications and updates.
The movie production company will do the following:
- Develop the English script and French version.
- Produce an English short film and a French dub, by 20 April 2021.
- Align the dubbed version closely with the style and tone of the original, while keeping it perfectly synchronised to the actors’ lips, expressions, and body language.
- Record and use standard French narration and prepare background music for the movie.
- Finalise the original English production and French dub according to feedback provided by Paradigm Initiative.
- Finalise any type of data (scripts, images, clips, etc.) after the consultation and approval.
- Use the latest high-quality dubbing software.
Marketing and Distribution Tasks
To ensure that the movie is widely distributed and promoted on local and international platforms and channels (both online and offline), the production company must have the capacity to plan and execute the marketing and distribution of the film. The production company must do the following:
- Develop a 3-month comprehensive marketing plan (May-July) including the audience, media, channels, expectations, and cost.
- Develop and share a comprehensive social media strategy for the marketing and distribution of the movie.
- Develop and share a comprehensive PR plan for the marketing and distribution of the movie.
- Ensure the movie is appropriately listed on VOD platforms and traditional media programs both in Africa and abroad.
- Ensure the movie is listed on all international movie databases, relevant festivals, and encyclopedias.
- Advertising of spots, posters, and teasers on traditional media including newspapers, radio, and TV
- Write and produce quality content and reviews, taking into account the conventions and limitations of social media platforms.
- Produce high-quality content for Paradigm Initiative’s social media platforms which includes Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Linked In, and Instagram.
- Create and edit videos that can be posted across the platforms to promote the movie and the Digital Rights in Africa report.
- Regularly share the content with PIN.
- Manage and respond to feedback in the media and social media.
Qualifications, Background, and Experience:
- The ideal company must have movie scriptwriting, production, and dubbing high level technical/professional expertise and creativity. The successful applicant is required to:
- Submit two examples of each of the following works: A film-script, a film, and French video dubbing productions directly produced by the applicant.
- Demonstrate competency in scriptwriting, production, developing, and dubbing movies/films in French. The film produced must be in English and dubbed in French and the scriptwriting must be produced in both English and French.
- Supported French accents include France, Swiss or African (Togo, Cameroun, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso, Congo, Benin, Tchad, Cameroon, Gabon, RCA, Niger, Mali, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria).
The proposal should provide the following information:
- Technical proposal: Outline and methodology for undertaking the scriptwriting, translation of the script, film production, video dubbing, marketing, and distribution plan as well as, the detailed work plan showing the assignment’s important activities and milestones.
- Financial proposal: Include a detailed quotation for the production showing all necessary costs.
- The proposal must also include the contact details of three references. Please submit the proposal with the works portfolio as required and mentioned under the Qualifications section above. Submissions should include COVID-19 safety guidelines.
If this RFP describes your capacities, kindly submit your proposal by 15 February 2021. PIN welcomes collaborative submissions of more than one applicant.
Please submit proposals to email@example.com with the subject line: Film Production: Londa