Paradigm Initiative (PIN) is seeking proposals (technical and financial) from individuals/organizations within Nigeria to produce a comprehensive institutional documentary to showcase its work over the past 15 years.
About Paradigm Initiative
Paradigm Initiative works to connect underserved young Africans with digital opportunities and ensures the protection of their rights. Across our regional offices in Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and beyond, we work to connect under-served African youth with improved livelihoods through our digital inclusion and digital rights programs. Our programs include The Life Skills. ICT. Financial Readiness. Entrepreneurship (LIFE) training program, Dufuna, and a digital rights program.
PIN is celebrating its 15 years of existence this year, and to mark this special year, we want to produce a documentary that will show the organisation’s path and progression throughout the years. The documentary will span through our various programs from the past to the present and the current state of affairs.
- One ‘Documentary Film’ (approx. 25 – 30 minutes), suitable for broadcast on TV channels and YouTube.
- Two summarised versions of the documentary (approx. 3 minutes, and 2 minutes) that are suitable for: (1) conference presentations on large screens; and (2) internet and mobile internet use through platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Establish the team of technical personnel required for the production of the film.
- Develop a Concept and Shooting Plan for the production of the documentary, including all logistics.
- Submission of a preliminary storyboard and shortlist for approval.
- Onsite Filming
- Developing a script with guidance from the PIN Team. The narration will be in English. Subtitles/captions shall be prepared in French. Provision should be left to add the national languages of countries in which footage is shot.
- The company will cover the pre-production and post-production processes of the documentary (editing, dubbing, special effects, graphic animations, subtitles, music, etc.)
- Take HD quality pictures of the making for archives.
Timing and Duration
A complete and finalised script is expected on or before July 4th, 2022, for the actual production of the documentary film to commence on July 11th, 2022. PIN expects a finalised film product by July 29th, 2022.
Requirements and Qualifications
The proposal should provide the following information:
- Technical Proposal: Outline and methodology for undertaking the scriptwriting, translation of the script, film production, video dubbing, as well as the detailed work plan showing the assignment’s important activities and milestones.
- Financial Proposal: Include a detailed quotation for the production showing all necessary costs to be incurred. Detailed technical information of the equipment intended for use: camera, light, sound, crew costs, and estimated days of shooting.
- The proposal must also include the contact details of three references. Please submit the proposal with the works portfolio as required and mentioned under the qualifications section above. Submissions should include COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- History of documentary film production.
- Ability to operate under strict time limits.
- Ability to effectively apply high production and technical standards for the purpose of maintaining high levels of professionalism.
If this RFP describes your company’s capacities, kindly submit your proposal by June 22nd, 2022.
Please submit proposals to email@example.com with the subject line: Documentary Film