Paradigm Initiative, a leading social enterprise working on digital rights and inclusion in Africa, is looking for a creative mind to own the role of Communications Assistant (Graphic Design)
Communications Assistant (Graphic Design)
Anywhere in: Cameroon. Nigeria. Tanzania. Togo. Zambia
Full time. Permanent position.
June 14, 2019
Creating exceptional digital and graphic design work for a variety of projects and activities such as infographics, website banners and displays, posters, newsletters, maps, charts, posters, corporate souvenirs, banner, signs and digital reports; and providing support to tasks including web and social media management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work on in-house creative briefs to support project teams
- Deliver creative design solutions across multiple platforms from conception to completion
- Design content for websites, newsletters, and media packs etc.
- Provide digital media support Social Media
- Maintain the organization’s website appearance by developing and enforcing contents’ display standards
- Suggest the best visual standards for the overall brand image of the organization
- Participate in project meetings and positive discussions relating to appropriate graphics methods/techniques to meet project requirements
- Coordinate relationship with vendors; preparing specifications and obtaining estimates for final approval;
Qualifications and Competencies
- Proven graphic design skills and experience
- Adept at using industry-leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc.)
- Proven data visualization skills
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Ability to interact with other team members, communicate and present ideas
- Video and audio editing skills would be a crucial asset
- Experience with WordPress
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
Key Results Areas:
- Timely completion of creative design solutions across multiple platforms from conception to completion.
- Ensure high quality of design, photography, pre-press and printing output at all times.
- Effective capacity building for beneficiaries on PI Programs/Projects
- Working with a highly motivated, talented and diverse team
- Competitive pay package
- Career growth opportunities including paid annual training
- Health insurance
- Contributory pension
- Excellent work-life balance with paid annual, casual and sick leave totalling 25 working days per annum.
Apply below via the Google Form.
June 14, 2019
Do apply immediately, if you are interested in the role, as applications will be reviewed as received, and candidates may be shortlisted and interviewed before the closing date.