We are looking for a brilliant individual to join our Programs team on a 1 – year fixed term contract as Co – Lead – Programs with a primary focus on leading on an important component of our Programs (LIFE LEGACY).
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Manager, Strategy & Grants.
The following tasks shall be completed by the successful candidate:
- LIFE Curriculum: Bringing the curriculum to date and overseeing continuous improvement so that students are trained in areas that will help them get post-training opportunities;
- Training Pack: Conducting research and developing training materials based on the curriculum. Training materials for each module should include additional materials, including games, multimedia resources and other tools, that will improve student learning experiences.
- LIFE Partnerships
- Program Implementation: Onboarding, training and maintaining relationships with LIFE Legacy partners;
- Students’ Placement: Sourcing LIFE partners across Africa for post-training internships and job opportunities;
- Volunteer Management
- Recruitment: Finding the right volunteers in partnership with Regional Leads and Programs Assistants/Officers;
- Training: Developing a standardised training curriculum for volunteers and producing a complete sourcing-to-deployment lifecycle plan for volunteers, including translation of materials into relevant languages;
- Student Engagement: Overseeing the complete student engagement lifecycle from recruitment to interviews, and to training, post-training evaluation, etc;
- Alumni Relations: Overseeing alumni engagement including developing a comprehensive up-to-date database of alumni, engaging them, passing on relevant updates to the PIN team and partners, and helping the alumni restructure its self-directed engagement processes.
- Policy Engagements: contributing to policy developments affecting digital inclusion in Africa through policy review, advocacy, submission of memos to policy making institutions etc
- Capacity Building: organising capacity building programs for partners in the adoption of PIN’s LIFE legacy materials and implementation of the PIN’s LIFE inclusion model.
Develop activities that help everyone – individuals and communities, – especially the most disadvantaged, to gain access to and enjoy digital opportunities. This must be intentional in closing gaps created by historical, institutional and structural barriers to access and use technology.
The successful candidate shall build and manage this part of PIN’s work, and work with the Partnerships and Engagements team to ensure that PIN’s Inclusion work becomes visible in convenings hosted regionally and globally including during PIN’s Digital Rights and Inclusion Forum. The successful candidate shall be required to continuously improve PIN’s digital inclusion work at large.
- Affordable and Reliable Access: Overseeing research and intervention programs that help ensure that affordable and reliable Internet access is available to under-served Africans;
- Digital Devices: Developing and overseeing projects that collaborate with other partners in the design and deployment of Internet-enabled devices that will allow under-served African youth gain access to digital training and engagement opportunities;
- Digital Literacy: This aspect of Digital Inclusion is what the LIFE Legacy program will help achieve, by providing access to digital literacy training, especially for young Africans who otherwise do not;
- PWD: Reviewing PIN’s programs to be truly inclusive in nature, such that persons living with disabilities are able to access our programs, events and services. The successful candidate shall develop/integrate and manage all programs accessed by persons living with disabilities, ensuring that all PIN’s programs are compliant within a 12-month period. Working with the MERL team, you will review every activity quarterly and provide reports on how your work streams are improving PIN’s digital rights and inclusion program objectives.
Qualification and Experience:
- A first degree in any field
- Work experience of 5-7 years in supporting programs with multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience in Project management and proposal development
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Experience in managing ICT capacity building projects
- A background in Policy or equivalent experience
- Flair for and experience in budgeting, writing and reporting
- Experience in program design and training
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be a strong communicator; have excellent written, presentation and oral communications in English
- Vast knowledge and understanding of program planning, analysis, implementation and development
- Ability to professionally engage and work with key stakeholders in various settings
- Demonstrated ability to draft proposals, reports and results of research or other organizational documents with minimal supervision
- Time management and administrative skills
- Proven ability to set priorities, work independently, take initiative, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of research methods and practices
- Competence in the usage of computer systems, software, data and IT applications
- Good interpersonal skills
This vacancy is a 1-year – fixed term contract. Based on the successful candidate’s performance, it shall be renewable for another six months after the 1st six months.
It is open to candidates in the following locations – Bulawayo – Zimbabwe, Lusaka – Zambia, Nairobi – Kenya, Thies – Senegal and Yaounde – Cameroon.
Remuneration is between $12,000 and $15,000 gross salary per annum, based on experience. This comprises annual gross salary and reimbursements (housing, transportation allowance, pension, meal allowance, utility allowance, communication allowance). Other benefits include birthday allowance, medical cover for self, spouse and biological children, amongst others.
The application closes on August 19, 2022, but the position will be filled as soon as we find the right fit. If you think you are the right fit, do not delay in sending in your application.
How to apply
Apply using the link below –