Paradigm Initiative (PIN) is a non-profit social enterprise that builds ICT-enabled support systems for young people, in order to improve their livelihoods. Two of PIN’s programs focus on digital inclusion while the third focuses on digital rights advocacy. Paradigm Initiative’s digital rights advocacy program is focused on the development of public policy for internet freedom in key regions of Africa. Our policy advocacy efforts include media campaigns, coalition building, capacity building, research and report-writing.
The Finance and Assets Manager will be responsible for the financial health of Paradigm Initiative. One of his/her core functions will be to produce financial reports and develop strategies based on financial research. The successful candidate will guide and support the Leadership Team and Executive Director in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
The FAM will be responsible for distributing the financial resources of Paradigm Initiative including budget planning and will support the executive management team by offering insights and financial advice that will facilitate sound business decision-making
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
- Prepare monthly and annual Management Reports
- Manage the liquidity of the Organization
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Prepare and present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up-to-date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Prepare financial reports and reconciliations to general ledger data
- Make timely recommendations for mitigating strategies and risk rating changes
- Prepare and review timely assets management reports
- Prepare regular investment reports and risk assessment of investments
- Manage and maintain all properties and acquisitions
- Strategize on the best model for managing the organization’s assets and resources
- Conduct periodic review of all assets and acquisitions
- Evaluate the value of all properties and suggesting ways for generating revenue
- Objectively review Paradigm Initiative’s business processes
- Evaluate the efficacy of risk management procedures that are currently in place
- Protect against fraud and theft of Paradigm Initiative’s assets
Required Skills and competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, follow-through attitude and attention to details;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good supervisory and leadership skills;
- Research skills;
- Critical thinking skills;
- Innovative and creative abilities;
- Multi-tasking abilities;
- Thorough knowledge of relevant laws on Accounting and Taxation;
- Knowledge of and experience with various Accounting software such as Quickbooks.
Education and Experience
- A First Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance;
- Must be a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants or the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria;
- Possession of a second degree will be an added advantage;
- Must have at least 7 years’ hands-on experience in a Senior Finance role;
- Hands-on knowledge of relevant accounting and taxation laws.
- A background in audit would be an added advantage.
Key Performance Indicators
- Monitoring the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions;
- Developing, implementing and monitoring Financial strategies and initiatives
- Regular development of overall Financial strategies, systems, tactics and procedures aligned with Paradigm Initiative’s Best Place To Work initiative and Strategic Management Plan;
- Minimizing costs and maximizing profits to promote organizational growth;
- Performing internal and external auditing functions when required;
- Procurement of quality assets and items for the organisation at the best price;
- Tagging of assets at a maximum of 2 days after purchase;
- Quarterly update of inventory of assets in all PIN’s offices;
- Annual error-free auditing of the Organization’s finances;
- Monthly error-free drafting of financial reports;
- Monthly statutory payments;
- Maximum of 3 days downtime for any asset.
For the purpose of gender balance, a female candidate will be preferred.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send their resume with subject as FINANCE AND ASSETS MANAGER to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application closes on September 16, 2020, but the position will be filled as soon as we find the right fit. If you think you are the right fit, do not delay in sending in your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Salary is N3.5M gross per annum. Other benefits including employer contribution of pension, medical cover, 13th month salary and leave allowance apply.