We are looking for a brilliant individual to join our Human Resources team. The successful candidate will report to the Human Resource Manager and lend full support to Paradigm Initiative’s Regional teams on tasks related to human resources which includes record keeping, recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring.
This is a Pan-African role with a strong focus on region-specific research and work for the Human Resource department.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the recruitment system and tools for vacancy management, and the maintenance of standards, interview procedures and protocols.
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
- Schedule and organize interviews
- Participate in applicant interviews
- Conduct reference checks on possible candidates
- Communicate back to unsuccessful applicants
- Staff development
- Identify training and development opportunities for staff
- Implement Paradigm Initiative’s Personal Development Plan and training schedule
- Process employee requests for external training while complying with policies and procedures, and determining relevance of training to organization goals
- Benefits and Entitlements
- Facilitate the provision of staff entitlements; health Insurance, loans
- Performance management
- Assist the Human Resource Manager in conducting performance appraisals
- File and maintain employee records, maintaining & updating employee records on Bamboo HR
- Supervise the administration of services to staff, i.e. complimentary cards, ID cards etc.
- Prepare administrative budget and monitor budgets ensuring no over-expenditures;
- Staff Attendance Activities
- Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel, and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services.
- Manage leave and sickness absence records
- Perform other relevant duties that may be assigned by the Human Resource Manager
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a strong communicator; have excellent written, presentation and oral communication in English AND French
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Bamboo HR
- Must have a strong background in research
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Personnel Management or related field required;
- 3-5 years of general human resource management experience required,
- Must have industry certifications like SHRM, HRCI
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Effective written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports and proposals
The successful candidate must be resident in The Democratic Republic of Congo, Cameroon or Senegal.
Remuneration is between $9,600 and $12,000 gross salary per annum depending on years of quality and relevant experience. This comprises annual gross salary and reimbursements (housing, transportation allowance, pension, meal allowance, utility allowance, dependant allowance, communication allowance).
Other benefits included are 13th month salary, paid vacation, training and development, birthday allowance, medical cover for self, spouse and up to 3 children, bi-annual care package, paid sabbatical leave, paid maternity leave, paid paternity leave, amongst others.
The application closes on February 17, 2023, but the position will be filled as soon as we find the right fit. If you think you are the right fit, do not delay in sending in your application.
Please note that submission of more than one application for this job opening may reduce your chances of being shortlisted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to apply
Apply using the link below –