Paradigm Initiative seeks a proposal (technical and financial) from individuals or organisations working within Africa to promote and distribute a short film produced from its 2021 Annual Digital Rights and Inclusion in Africa Report – Londa, that covers the state of digital rights and inclusion in 22 African countries.
About Paradigm Initiative
Paradigm Initiative (PIN) works to connect underserved young Africans with digital opportunities and ensures the protection of their rights across our regional offices in Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and beyond. Empowering young people with crucial digital, life and business skills since 2007, we are dedicated to bridging the digital gap and ensuring the livelihoods of under-served young Africans are improved. We also work to advance Internet Freedom, proposing policy solutions and monitoring the legal and policy framework around ICTs across Africa to ensure that citizens’ rights are protected online.
Rationale and Scope
PIN is seeking a company to market and distribute a short film of between 20 and 30 minutes that tells the story of digital rights and inclusion in Africa. The film will be an audiovisual representation of the 2021 Londa report capturing critical instances and elements highlighted in the report in a creative way that can be viewed and understood by diverse members of African societies and lovers of cinema.
We are seeking a company capable of developing and deploying a comprehensive promotion and distribution plan covering various markets and platforms and publicising the film.
3-month promotion and distribution proposal covering October to December 2022.
The promotion and distribution company will be expected to undertake the following:
- Develop and share the detailed promotion and distribution proposal, including audience, channels, expectations and costs.
- Develop and share a comprehensive Public Relations Plan for the promotion and distribution of the movie
- Develop and share a comprehensive Social Media Media Strategy for promoting, distributing and publicising the movie
- Develop and share a comprehensive Community Toolkit for sensitisation and engagement of target audiences
- Ensure the film is listed on relevant platforms in Africa and abroad
- Ensure the film is listed in international movie databases and encyclopedias
- Ensure the film is entered into film festivals and competitions
- Identify and secure advertising spots online, out of home and in the traditional media, including newspapers, television and radio
Upon engagement, the company will do the following:
- Implement/execute the promotion, social media and public relations plans
- Develop and share advertising schedules
- Hold regular status meetings with the PIN team to share updates
- Share monthly reports, including social media and media coverage reports
Qualifications, Background, and Experience
The ideal company must have experience demonstrating previous successful marketing and distribution engagements. The successful applicant is required to:
- Showcase case studies demonstrating previous successful marketing and distribution engagements in Africa and abroad.
- Demonstrate competency in marketing, social media engagement and public relations
The proposal should provide the following information:
- Technical Proposal: Outline and methodology for undertaking the assignment, including a detailed work plan.
- Financial Proposal: Include a detailed quotation showing all necessary costs to be incurred.
- The proposal must also include the contact details of three references. Please submit the proposal with relevant case studies as required.
If this RFP describes your company’s capacities, kindly submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31st, 2022.