Paradigm Initiative (PIN) is a non-profit social enterprise that builds ICT-enabled support systems for young people, in order to improve their livelihoods. Two of PIN’s programs focus on digital inclusion while the third focuses on digital rights advocacy. Paradigm Initiative’s digital rights advocacy program is focused on the development of public policy for internet freedom in key regions of Africa. Our policy advocacy efforts include media campaigns, coalition building, capacity building, research and report-writing.
To provide essential support to Programs, working with the Senior Program Manager and other team members to achieve projects’ success. To manage the Digital Rights and Digital Inclusion programs and events, in West Africa, relevant to accomplishing the organization’s strategic goals and objectives, as well as to establish networks with other institutions.
Senior Program Manager
Roles and responsibilities:
- Policy and Administration
- Support with the identification and interpretation of program strategies and policies across the region
- Plan and design programs and events; proactively monitor its progress, resolve issues and initiate appropriate corrective action
- Ensure effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the program – focus inwardly on the internal consistency of the program and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interface with other programs and corporate technical and specialist standards
- Assist in administering training for other support staff and team members
- Monitor and document policy development around digital inclusion and digital rights in your region
- Log complaints and problems associated with running the programs effectively
- Support the administrative team when the need arises
- Attend corporate functions in order to build the organization’s network
- Ensure timely completion of programs within set deadlines
2. Resource Control and Financial Management
- Effectively manage tools and resources for program implementation
- Keep records of all financial transactions associated with program processes and completion
- Ensure proper management of all budgetary allocations for program management
- Send accurate monthly financial records to the Finance & Assets unit while staying within the limits of approved budgets.
- Collaboratively work with the team to ensure effective usage of resources
3. Program Planning and Implementation
- Impact the organization’s output by developing and interpreting initiatives and new trends of program development
- Render advisory services to the Program Manager or when required on matters of program planning, implementation, development and sustainability
- Provide essential support services to the team on a regular basis
- Provide regular updates of all planning processes, practices and program methodology
- Collect and collate all reports of completed programs and events
4. Research and Fundraising
- Research and develop materials and reports that outline the successful completion of programs
- Identify, and work with the Senior Program Manager to contact, potential grantees for funding and identify other income streams for the program
- Work with the Senior Program Manager and the rest of the team in writing grant applications
- Develop a budget and operating plan for each program
- Contribute to the analysis and communication of key digital policy developments in your region by developing at least one (1) policy brief per quarter
- Contribute to reports and research on Digital Policy developments
5. Community Relations
- Identify, develop and promote partnerships with other external organizations
- Manage communications with all stakeholders
- Provide the communities with relevant information about PIN’s programs and events
6. Advocacy and Communications
- Represent PIN at public events and/or in mass media
- Strengthen PIN’s networking with funders, foundations and other relevant organizations to develop grant-making and programmatic partnerships and collaborations
- Identify communications opportunities and strategies to raise awareness about PIN
- Create connections between issues relevant to digital rights and inclusion and opportunities for PIN to leverage its position in advocacy circles
- Plan and conduct outreach activities to enhance and sustain existing and future networks with potential grantees and funders
Education and Experience:
- A qualified lawyer and a member of the Bar Association of their country
- A background in Policy or equivalent experience
- Work experience of 3-5 years in supporting programs with multiple stakeholders
- Flair for and experience in budgeting, writing and reporting
- Project management and proposal development experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in program design and training
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be a strong communicator; have excellent written, presentation and oral communications in both English and French
- Vast knowledge and understanding of program planning, analysis, implementation and development
- Ability to professionally engage and work with key stakeholders in various settings
- Demonstrated ability to draft proposals, reports and results of research or other organizational documents with minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of digital rights advocacy issues
- Time management and administrative skills
- Proven ability to set priorities, work independently and take initiative, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of research methods and practices
- Competence in the usage of computer systems, software, data and IT applications.
- Good interpersonal skills
For the purpose of gender balance, a female candidate will be preferred.
This position is based in Senegal.
How to apply
Send a one-page statement of interest, in English, with your recent CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application will be closed as soon as we find the right team member. If you think you are the team member we’ve been looking for, don’t delay in sending in your application.