Paradigm Initiative (PIN) is a non-profit social enterprise that builds ICT-enabled support systems for young people, in order to improve their livelihoods. Two of PIN’s programs focus on digital inclusion while the third focuses on digital rights advocacy. Paradigm Initiative’s digital rights advocacy program is focused on the development of public policy for internet freedom in key regions of Africa. Our policy advocacy efforts include media campaigns, coalition building, capacity building, research and report-writing.
We are looking for a smart and brilliant individual with strong skills in research and project management. This internship opportunity is for three (3) months and the suitable candidate will support Paradigm Initiative’s Digital Policy Programs team. Interested persons with experience/interest/qualification in digital/tech policy should apply. The selected candidate will be expected to be available full time throughout the three months.
What you will do
- Support research on/around Digital Policies
- Project management tasks: planning, organising, budgeting, logistics, and reports
- Engage Digital Policy Process
- Represent the Senior Program Manager at Meetings/Webinars
- Document digital rights violations
- Administrative/Secretariat support for strategic litigation interventions at PIN
- Other assigned tasks by reporting authorities
What you will need
- A first degree in Law, Policy, Social Sciences, project management and other related fields of study
- A background in research and project management
- Flair for and experience in budgeting, writing, and reporting
- A legal background will be an added advantage.
What you will get
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Hazard allowance for remote work
- Workplace experience and exposure to Africa’s Digital Policy Community
- Acknowledgment for Research Contributions (i.e your contribution to the research you work on and contribute to will be duly referenced and acknowledged.)
For the purpose of gender balance, a female candidate will be preferred. Candidates should not be above 30 years old. You will report to the Senior Programs Manager.
NB: Paradigm Initiative teams are currently working remotely. However, if physical work resumes before the end of the internship, the selected individual will be required to report to Paradigm Initiative’s Abuja office daily.
Do not apply if:
- You are currently employed
- You are actively pursuing an academic qualification within the specified period
- You are not an excellent writer, planner and time manager
- You are not available for a full-time position
Send a one-page statement of Interest and links to articles/reports/paper/essay you have written in the past, with your recent CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application closes on September 11, 2020, but the position will be filled as soon as we find the right fit. If you think you are the right fit, do not delay in sending in your application.