The Collaboration on International ICT Policy for East and Southern Africa (CIPESA) and Paradigm Initiative (PIN) are pleased to announce the 2020 edition of the Forum on Internet Freedom in Africa (FIFAfrica20) and to invite session proposals. This landmark event convenes a spectrum of stakeholders from across the internet governance and digital rights arenas in Africa and beyond to deliberate on gaps, concerns and opportunities for advancing privacy, free expression, non-discrimination and the free ﬂow of information online.
In light of the prevailing Covid-19 pandemic, FIFAfrica20 will adopt a hybrid approach which blends online and physical interactions.
As such, we welcome session proposal applications including but not limited to:
- In-country physical convenings of no more than 25 people as permitted and guided by Covid-19 in-country regulations.
- Virtual sessions such as webinars, panel discussions, presentations, lightning talks.
- Live social media engagements (Facebook Live, Instagram Live, Twitter Chats etc).
- Pre-recorded materials such as short documentaries and podcasts.
- Virtual exhibitions e.g. photography, digital stories, illustrative art, etc.
FIFAfrica 2020 will aim to livestream the successful sessions and to engage wider audiences via social media.
Subject to need and scope, limited funding is available to support coordination, technical and logistical aspects of successful session proposals. Cost-sharing and collaborative partnerships are strongly encouraged.
Please note the below important dates related to participation at the Forum:
- Session proposals will be accepted till August 21, 2020
- Successful session proposals will be directly notified by August 31, 2020.
- Registration for participation will open August 31, 2020