Paradigm Initiative (PIN) is a social enterprise that builds ICT-enabled support systems and advocates for digital rights in order to improve livelihoods for underserved African youth. Our programs include digital inclusion programs – such as the Life Skills. ICT. Financial Readiness. Entrepreneurship (LIFE) training program and the Dufuna program – and a digital rights program. PIN’s operational headquarters is in Lagos, Nigeria, and maintains digital inclusion offices across Nigeria (Aba, Ajegunle, Kano) and digital rights offices in Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Tanzania and Zambia.
The Chief Operations Officer will oversee administration across offices and lead PIN’s operations on the continent including strategy development, research, writing, media representation, program alignments, co-fundraising (with the Executive Director) and advocacy. The ideal candidate will have a lot of experience in the social sector and a strong understanding of local or grassroots organizations and movements in African countries. She (or he) will demonstrate expertise in digital rights and inclusion programs and processes.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify new funding opportunities in the countries in which we work and work with managers and team members, as may be required to make sure that every income-earning opportunity that comes our way is utilized maximally
- Preparation of grant proposals and initiating fundraising activities to ensure the availability of resources for all programs
- Overseeing the delivery of administrative functions by the Human Resources Manager, Finance Manager and Communications Manager
- Attending meetings and representing the organization at functions that align with PIN’s core values and mission
- Building and maintaining high-quality relationships and communications with partners, donors, funders, and other partners
- Actively promoting the organization’s programs, projects, and services
- Program Management
- C0-designing, co-development, supervision, and evaluation of programs at Paradigm Initiative
- Leading staff and assure the highest quality program outputs
- Conducting periodic technical reviews of programs, providing feedback to ensure projects are following or advancing best practices, achieving expected targets, meeting beneficiary and donor expectations, and achieving the objectives set in the strategic management plan
- Providing thought leadership thereby expanding Paradigm Initiative’s technical reputation, while following and engaging in relevant technical dialogue within the industry
- Compiling and maintain reports on the monthly, quarterly and annual program activities
- Analyzing trends in programs, identifying issues, developing and recommending solutions to the Executive Director
- Supporting the cultivation and strengthening of institutional relationships with donors, partner organizations and other collaborators in the international development arena
- Building and maintaining high-quality relationships and communications with partners and other stakeholders
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced degree in Business Administration in the Social Sector, Public Administration, International Affairs, Political Science, or related areas
- 10-15 years’ experience within social sector organizations, with at least 5 of those in a senior managerial role
- Experience working with, or a strong understanding of, local or grassroots organizations and movements in African countries
- Work experience in Central, East, Southern or West Africa
- Significant demonstration of project leadership and management experience
- Proven ability to think analytically and plan strategically, including setting objectives and identifying and capitalizing on opportunities for PIN’s work
- Poise, flexibility, discretion, and mature judgment to handle and respond appropriately and professionally in stressful circumstances
- Well organized, self-motivated, and able to conceptualize and implement programs and work as part of a team
- Creative thinking and an ability to develop new lines of work, whether in new countries or particular thematic issues
- Excellent leader (leads by example) and skills developer, particularly with remote staff
- Outstanding research, analysis, communication and writing skills
- Fluency in English is required, working knowledge of French is a major advantage
- A sense of humor, passion for people and ability to not take yourself too seriously
Salaries and Benefits
N 7,856,894.73 p/a (gross) plus other benefits such as health insurance, pension contributions, communications allowance, sabbatical leave, paid leave, maternity/paternity leave, dependent relative allowance and 13th month salary.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please use “Chief Operations Officer” and your name as the subject of your eMail (for example, “Chief Operations Officer_Chabota Siliko”). Only complete applications will be reviewed and due to the usual volume of applications, we may only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
Deadline: 22nd February, 2020 (Applications are reviewed as they roll in, kindly apply before the deadline).
Note: There is a possibility of immediate resumption for role.