Paradigm Initiative is a social enterprise that builds an ICT-enabled support system and advocates digital rights in order to improve livelihoods for under-served youth. Our programs include digital inclusion programs – such as the Life Skills. ICT. Financial Readiness. Entrepreneurship (LIFE) training program and Techtiary program – and a digital rights program, Magoyi. Across our offices in Nigeria (Aba, Abuja, Ajegunle, Kano, Yaba), Tanzania, Zambia, Togo and Cameroon, and beyond, as part of a pan-African expansion plan, we work to connect under-served youth with improved livelihoods through our digital inclusion and digital rights programs.
Job Title: Program Officer (DakataL.I.F.E.)
In 2016, Paradigm Initiative started a digital readiness training for young people in Kano. Our training centre in Dakata has connected young women and men to life-changing opportunities through the Life Skills. ICT Skills. Financial Readiness. Entrepreneurship Skills (LIFE) program that runs over 10 weeks. We are now expanding the scope of the work beyond Kano, to cover much of the region.
The Program Officer we are looking for will organize, coordinate and manage the L.I.F.E program and events relevant to accomplishing the organization’s strategic goals and objectives, as well as establishing networks with partners.
Dakata, Kano State, Nigeria
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Policy and Administration
- Support with the identification and interpretation of program strategies and policies
- Assist in administering training for other support staff and team members
- Research and develop materials and reports that outlines the successful completion of programs
- Logging complaints and problems associated with running the programs effectively
- Supports the administrative team when the need arises
- Attend corporate functions in order to build the organization’s network
- Resource Control and Financial Management
- Effective management of tools and resources for program implementation
- Keeps records of all financial transactions associated with program processes and completion
- Ensure proper management of all budgetary allocations for program management
- Programs Planning and Implementation
- Impact the organization’s output by developing and interpreting initiatives and new trends of program development
- Renders advisory services to the program manager or when required on matters of program planning, implementation, development and sustainability
- Providing essential support services to the team on a regular basis
- Provide regular updates of all planning processes, practices and program methodology
- Collects and collates all reports of completed programs and events
- Community Relations
- Identifying, developing and promoting partnerships with other external organizations
- Providing the communities with relevant information about the organization’s programs and events
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field of management or equivalent experience.
- Experience in managing programs and events.
- Competence in the usage of computer systems, software, data and IT applications.
- Vast knowledge and understanding of program planning, analysis, implementation and development.
- Experience in program design.
- Commensurate with experience and skills
How to Apply
Please click here to fill the application form
If you are the person our team needs to lead this effort for Paradigm Initiative, apply before November 26, 2019.